Minimalist Design :- When you think of minimalism, you would normally equate the design with barely there furniture, open and practically unembellished rooms, and statement pieces. All these elements and descriptions definitely spell minimalist. In sanitary ware design, when you say minimalist, you think of bathroom fixtures designed with clean lines, furniture that doesn’t make the room look cluttered, and design elements that make the room feel serene and relaxing.
The “less is more” principle applies to any minimalist designed room. Minimalist bathroom fixtures are made with this philosophy in mind. Sanitary ware pieces with this type of design are usually eye-catching but never over the top. They normally provide a touch of colour or an element of surprise to an otherwise simple and neutral bathroom. Here are some elements that characterize minimalist design:
1) Statement Pieces : – You can use one statement piece that will stand-out from the rest of the design inside your bathroom. You can place a marble wash basin like the Marvel Marble Basin in a bathroom where everything is painted white or you can have an eye-catching teal colored ceramic wash basin in a bathroom that’s painted and furnished in neutral coloured fixtures.
You can use one statement piece that will stand-out from the rest of the design inside your bathroom. You can place a marble wash basin like the Marvel Marble Basin in a bathroom where everything is painted white or you can have an eye-catching teal colored ceramic wash basin in a bathroom that’s painted and furnished in neutral colored fixtures.
2) Pure Design Elements : – Sanitary ware pieces with minimalist features are designed with pureness and clean design in mind. These products don’t usually have jagged or uneven edges. They are made with clean lines that invite a feeling of warmth and harmony. You won’t find clashing colors or clashing designs within a minimalist bathroom.
3) Space : – Sanitary ware specifically made for minimalist designed bathrooms is created to give the room an airy and open feeling. These wash basins and toilets are not bulky and never take up much space. The idea is to give people space to move around.
4) Restraint : – There is beauty in restraint. If you want to keep with the minimalist design, resist the urge to place a lot of different design elements inside your bathroom.The room should not have too many fixtures and walls and floors should not be designed with busy prints or textures. A pop of color should be enough. There should only be one key piece or key element that stands out from the rest, like a Red Resin Basin in a black and white bathroom.
5) High Quality Pieces : – Minimalist doesn’t mean inexpensive, quite the opposite actually. Some of the most standout pieces used in minimalist bathrooms are also the most expensive. Some are even made to order and are considered one of a kind. An example of a high quality piece is the Sophia Marble Pedestal Basin.
Collection By – Jagruti Panchal